- John was born on 1823 in Pennsylvania.
- Married Louisa M (unknown last name) around 1850.
- John and Louisa had 3 children, Reuben, David, and Libbie.
- As per the 1850 Census he lived in Sullivan, NY and his occupation is listed as boatman for the Erie Canal.
- Registered for the Civil War in 1863, but never served.
- As per the 1865 NY Census he lived in Sullivan, NY.
- As per the 1875 Census he lived in Sullivan, NY.
- As per the 1880 Census he lived in Sullivan, NY, and owned 17 acres of land, had one cow, one pig, 20 chickens, grew buckwheat, corn, and oats.
- John died on 28 Sep 1889 in Manlius, NY and is buried with Louisa in Kirkville Cemetery in Kirkville, NY.