- John was born on Mar 1840 in Hinchinbrook, Canada.
- Immigrated to the United States in 1860.
- Was in the Civil War from 23 Dec 1861 to 5 May 1862 and served with the 98th NY Infantry.
- Married Josephine M Hall in 1872.
- John and Josephine had 11 children, Albert, Lena, Hattie, John Jr, Napoleon, Ida, Mary, Edward, Anna, Florence, and Rose.
- As per the 1840 Census he lived in Constable, NY and profession is listed as a farmer.
- As per the 1880 Census he lived in Constable, NY and profession is listed as a farmer. John owned 30 acres of land, owned 4 cattle, 11 chickens, grew corn, oats, beans, potatoes, and hops.
- As per the 1900 Census he lived in Constable, NY and profession is listed as a farmer.
- John died on 8 Oct 1908 in Malone, NY, and is buried in St Francis of Assisi Cemetery in Constable, NY.
- Unknown date of death and burial for Josephine, but possibly in same area as John.