- Francis was born in Pontiac, MI on 5 May 1855.
- As per the 1870 Census he lived in Saline, MI and his occupation is listed as a farm laborer. He was 15 and lived with the Havens, not sure if this family is related.
- He married Hessie Louise Walker on 8 Jul 1878 in New York.
- As per the 1880 Census he lived in Butler, NY with his wife Hessie and his son George. His occupation is listed as farmer. He owned 102 acres of land and owned one horse, 42 sheep, and 28 chickens. He grew buckwheat, Indian corn, oats, potatoes, apples, and peaches. Land was valued at $3085.
- As per the 1900 Census he lived in Lysander, NY with Hessie and 3 children. His occupation is listed as farmer.
- Children of Francis and Hessie were George, Cecil, and Olive.
- As per the 1920 Census he lived in Dewitt, NY and lists his occupation as a railroad worker, and rented his house on 118 Main St.
- Francis died on 11 Jun 1927 in East Syracuse, NY. He as well as Hessie are buried in Maplewood Cemetery in Camillus, NY.